Friday 28 January 2011

Starting to prepare...

So I guess with this being my first ever blog It probably wont be very good to start off with haha plus you guys wont have a clue what Im on about just yet..dont worry though you'll catch up with me im sure :).

After being successfull in my interview and attending 2 traning courses...one in Bristol and a rather entertaining Personal Survival course in Southampton consisting of me and about 10 others trying our hardest to swim in full clothes and a very large lifejacket to get into a life raft while theyve got a wave machine going full pelt..not an easy task!! haha Clearly I need some more muscles if im to survive any kind of abandon ship emergency!!

I am now only waiting on one document to come through so that I am 100% ready to set sail and start living the life....my Seamans Log. It has been something of a nightmare making sure I have everything, who knew there was so much to do before you could go work on a dingy boat ha! Medical certs, injections, visas, training certs, uniforms, ahhhhhhh shoot me now! It better be worth all this hassle!!

On an up note I was given my ship, I'll be joining the huuuuuge P&O Ventura on the 25th February. Starting in Barbados I'll be sailing around a total of 10 destinations in the Gorgeous Carribbean before heading back across to the med to sail all around there!! WAHHHOOOOOOO!! I'll give you a full Itinery soon for my amazing destinations.

Iv never been on a cruise before, in fact I dont think I've even seen one in real life haha so I have no idea what on earth to expect! Spoke to a few guys that were on my training who are already on board their vessels and they all had the same things to say....HARD HARD WORK!! ohh maaan. Seems I'll be working very hard therefore I'll have to make sure I play very hard too :) Best thing about being a shoppee as apposed to any other member of staff is that the shops all close when the ship docks so that means we can always get off the boat and see all these beautiful countries!! I feel so very lucky!!

Anyway still a while to go yet before my adventure really begins but thought id start the updates now on my stresses and mental break downs in the run up to my leaving...

Love Laura xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment